12 Benefits Of Dubai Expo 2020 For You
Four more years before the most anticipated and grandest world event will come to life! It’s the Dubai Expo 2020 which will happen in the host city-Dubai, UAE. The expo is poised to be the biggest event that the world will witness in the year 2020. That is why can see left and right constructions sprouted all trough out Dubai as preparations and the government is updated to the public to announce some important updates about the expo.
But for us normal residence (whether Locals or expats), how does it affect and benefit us from the Expo itself? According to Ramy Matawea’s post from LinkedIn, there are 12 ways we can benefit from the expo which are listed below.
1. You can get a new job –It’s estimated a huge 277,000 new jobs could be created in the region, including 111,000 in the hotel and restaurant sectors. Start getting your CV ready!
2. There’ll be more brunches-It’s expected there’ll be more hotels built to cope with the 25 million visitors expected. That means more luxury places to hang out for us residents! And more brunches!
3. You’ll have more clothes-“Retail is going to grow like crazy,” according to David Macadam, CEO and Vice Chairman at Middle East Council of Shopping Centres. Shop ’till you drop!
4. Everybody will want to visit you-“A positive result would mean new people, new visitors and new interest in Dubai, with international coverage and global exposure,” says a report by property experts CBRE. Better get your pals to book their flights!
5. You’ll be able to try the latest craze first-Dubai could be home to some life-changing inventions. The Eiffel Tower, the telephone, ice cream and Heinz Tomato Ketchup were all created for previous Expos! What could be invented here? The mind boggles. But we’ll be the first to try it.
6. Rents might cause you drama.-The big question. Will rents be pushed up? We fear they could. If your landlord does try to get more cash, visit www.dubailand.gov.ae and click on the rent calculator. It’ll tell you what you should be paying, and if your landlord doesn’t agree, you can complain to Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA). However property experts CRBE have put a positive spin on things. They’ve said possibility of winning the bid has already been factored into Dubai’s rising property prices. A construction boom likely to be spurred by the event will mean there’ll be more to go around too. We really hope landlords won’t try to take advantage.
7. There’ll be shorter taxi queues and a better airport-The Dubai Metro will get a new purple line extending to the Expo site, while there’ll also be a cable car and bus services to get there. Plus the new Al Maktoum International Airport at Dubai World Central (near Jebel Ali and way cheaper in a taxi than Dubai International) will surpass London Heathrow as the biggest in the world, with 160 million passengers per year. The Dubai Tram will also be finished, making it easier for folks in the Marina to get to work. No more crazy taxi rides!
8. New university-Once finished, the Expo site will be transformed into a university and research center, and a city can never have too many centers of learning.
9. More places to hang out-All the projects which have been begun but never completed will be given a kick-start by the Expo. We’re hoping that’ll include things like The World Islands so we can go visit, and that amazing Palazzo Versace Hotel near Dubai Festival City. The world’s biggest mall, that will be bigger than The Dubai Mall, will also be built.
10. A better environment-The city will become more environmentally friendly, as Dubai Expo 2020 has a target to produce 50% of the Expo’s energy requirements on site. We hope it’ll set a green example for the rest of the city and get us all recycling, so we can feel less guilty about harming the environment.
11. More concerts-Andrea Bocelli performed at the opening of the last Expo in Shanghai in 2010, but knowing Dubai we’ll get a whole heap of pop stars involved and there’ll be plenty of A-listers to spot! After all, everybody from Pamela Anderson to Khloe Kardashian backed Dubai’s bid. Maybe they’ll get Lady Gaga for the opening ceremony?
12. More days off-It’s expected that to celebrate the UAE will get a bank holiday! We reckon there’ll be lots more to come once Expo year arrives, too
Excellence Code Blog is a place where advertising stuff, inspirational thoughts, marketing advice or any feel good articles are put off. The blog is managed by the Excellence Team to make your day a little bit brighter! Tune-in for more inspiring and amazing stories, connect with our online Accounts listed below:
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/110352715340889137037/110352715340889137037
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/excellence-code-media-&-advertising?trk=nav_account_sub_nav_company_admin