Using Facebook’s Advertising Tools To Boost Your Digital And Mobile Marketing
You’ve probably already noticed, but Facebook is a major source of traffic for your website—and that’s without even spending money. A strong digital or mobile marketing strategy can provide a decent amount of organic traffic to your website, but with Facebook’s average of 1.09 billion daily active users, your brand can’t afford to miss out on the full potential of this traffic source.
But, regardless of how much money you’re willing to spend, advertising on Facebook isn’t just a walk in the park. There’s a lot more to it than uploading ads, assigning funds and waiting for qualified traffic to show up. There’s no doubt about it: Facebook wants you to spend your money on advertising, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to successfully harness the immense power of the network for maximum return.
Luckily, there are a few well-designed tools to make the planning of your digital and mobile marketing strategy that much easier:
Facebook Ads Manager
If you’re looking for information, advice and guidance for Facebook advertising, it seems almost obvious that you would start your search at the source itself.
Facebook’s default Ads Manager provides all of the tools necessary to create targeted ads that will reach your audience. Sure, it’s the entry-level Facebook advertising tool, but by no means does that mean it’s incompetent. As with any tool, it’s the user’s understanding that determines the effectiveness. Here is no-nonsense approach to getting started with Facebook Ads Manager:
- Create and secure your Facebook Page or use one that you’ve already created.
- Select what it is that you want to boost or promote.
- Select your target audience. Facebook’s targeting is its secret power; don’t be scared to really get involved at this point.
- Set your campaign budget. Choose between a Daily Budget or a Lifetime Budget depending on which best suits your needs.
- Keep an eye on the Ads Manager to see how your ad is performing. (This is the addictive part.)
Take some time to get very familiar with Facebook Ads Manager; it’s one exceptionally powerful advertising tool if you understand it correctly. Luckily for you, Facebook makes it super easy to get started.
Facebook Ads Manager (Mobile App):
Facebook. Again. We get it. People are spending a lot more time on their mobile phones and tablets these days than their laptops or desktops, and this is especially true if you are in any way involved in digital marketing—particularly social media. There are billions of smartphone users worldwide and this number is expected to grow exponentially over the next decade. Facebook knows this, which is why they created innovative resources for mobile marketing professionals to make use of. Facebook’s mobile Ads Manager App lets you control all of your campaigns without having to take out your laptop or sit down at a desktop computer. In fact it does a lot more than that:
- Track your current ad/s performance in real-time.
- Edit existing ad campaigns.
- Adjust budgets in accordance with the progress of the campaign.
- Create new ads, right from your phone.
- Receive push notifications on any significant developments.
Facebook’s mobile Ads Manager gives the digital or mobile marketing manager a significant advantage over everyone else.
Hootsuite is slowly carving out its well-earned space in the world of social media, with millions of brands and individuals making use of the product to schedule updates, manage ads, view analytics and create reports. Hootsuite Ads act as a swift kick to any well-planned Facebook advertising campaign. It’s the ideal solution for those looking for an easy, straightforward interface, and offers a variety of useful features:
- The ability to create ads and campaigns quickly—as few as two clicks.
- Performs an audit of your owned Facebook Pages and finds the best posts to promote to your audience.
- Defines goals for each ad, which means you get to tailor your ad campaign to achieve optimal results.
- Offers advanced ad management features, allowing you to spend less time on ads and more time building your brand.
Essentially, Hootsuite provides access to a central location for managing both paid and organic content across all of your owned brands. Also, it’s worth noting that Hootsuite Ads doesn’t do anything to complicate the process of creating and implementing Facebook ads.
These are just a handful of the available tools for creating, optimising and managing Facebook ads, but it’s a good place for your brand’s digital marketing team to start. If your brand has dreams of online success yet lacks a qualified digital or mobile marketing agency, drop Neesh a line.